A TYPICAL DAY AT BRIDLE PATHS SUMMER HORSE CAMP
FORMAL RIDING LESSONS( 2x PER DAY)
• Dressage - (flat work)
The object of dressage is the harmonious development of the horse in both mind and body. Every horse, regardless of its type or use, can benefit from this training. Dressage requires the horse and rider to combine the strength and agility of gymnastics with the elegance and beauty of ballet.
• Cross Country (cantering through the woods and jumping)
Cross-Country - The object of this test is to prove the speed, endurance, and jumping ability of the horse over varied terrain and obstacles. In order to accomplish this task, the horse and rider must be at peak condition. The horse must be bold, smart and obedient, and the rider must use knowledge of pace in order to expend only as much of the horse’s energy as necessary.
• Show Jumping (stadium jumps aka standards)
Originated in the late 18th century as a part of Fox hunting, Show Jumping is a lot of fun and improves the agility and focus of both horse and rider. It utilizes physical skills to negotiate a series of obstacles, and mental skills to plan the proper lines and approaches to allow the horse to jump those obstacles. The jumps are colorful and of varying heights and widths. Wide jumps or 'spread jumps' may include water that horses must leap over, but not touch. Each course is intended to demonstrate the horse’s freedom, energy, training and obedience, as well as the rider’s horsemanship. The goal of the horse rider combination is negotiating the course without errors or disobediences.
Stall Setup, Stall Cards, Buckets and Feed Tubs and Hay Nets, Bedding Stalls, Cleaning Stalls, Tack Room, Feed Chart, Horse Inspections, Safety Checks, Turnout, Clean Barn Competition, and more.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
During the heat of the day we don't ride. So you get to hang out in the AC after lunch and do arts-and-crafts projects while listening to some music. Fun activities include creating a variety of horsey projects including our yearly signature "Leave No Trace" painted trash can. We create stall cards, rhythm beads, my horse walks all over me clothing, bead jewelry, tie-dye, painting. This is definitely a fun and chill part of the day.
SWIM WITH MANATEES EXCURSION
• We offer this very special and unique opportunity to snorkel with manatees in a private setting, including; snorkeling gear, wet-suits, drinks, snacks, towels, sunscreen. On Thursdays, our private swim with manatees tour begins at 8:30 am and 11:30am. Each Manatee tour lasts about 3 to 3-1/2 hours. This tour is truly private, as we will not be sharing the boat with others, this is for our party only.
• Snorkeling is a popular way to view Manatees up close and personal. You do not need to be an athlete to snorkel with Manatees, but you do need to be comfortable in the water.
• You are allowed to touch the manatees with one open hand. No bear hugs. It is a privilege to be able to view just one of these gentle and curious animals in the wild. By following the rules that we cover with you we can all insure that this privilege will be shared with future generations.
• Manatees are an endangered species and our tour is conducted in their own natural environment. The manatees are not contained to any specific area of the refuge and are free to come and go as they please. No two days are ever the same. Weather, tidal influences and time of year affect the conditions daily and it can never be predicted just how many manatees you will see. There is a resident population that stay year round.
PRIVATE SWIMMING POOL
A refreshing daily swim after lunch
for a deep body cool down. Life Guard is on Duty.
Other activities include hay rides, camp fires, team building activities, movies, and more fun.
Bridle Paths weekly costume contest is a favorite camp activity. Don't miss out on the fun. Some past costumes include prissy girl, gangster, Indian pony, beach bum and more.